Monday, November 29, 2010

Games that have impacted my life (and that I would recommend to almost anyone in no particular preference or order)

  
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past



Silent Hill



Chrono Trigger







Phoenix Wright





Final Fantasy VIII



The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time



Kingdom Hearts 358/2







Silent Hill 3





Breath of Fire II



Shadow Hearts



Flower



Secret of Mana


Valkyria Chronicles




Chrono Cross 




Donkey Kong Country 2




Heavy Rain



Final Fantasy XI




Silent Hill 2





Fatal Frame II



The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask





Super Mario World



Final Fantasy IV









What's your list?







2 comments:

  1. Secret of Mana
    Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
    Super Castlevania IV
    Legend of Dragoon
    Paper Mario 2: Thousand Year Door
    Super Mario 64
    Donkey Kong Country 2
    Final Fantasy VIII
    Final Fantasy IX
    Spyro the Dragon
    Legend of Mana

    And the list goes on; the longer I sit here the more titles I keep adding. It's tough to pick certain titles because everything impacts you at a certain time in your life and is affected by the circumstances at the time. I remember getting up on the weekends to play SM64 with the sounds of my family all around me. I played Paper Mario 2 to help me grieve for my father. Legend of Dragoon is just awesome. And so on.

    That being said, good list. It's always interesting to see what games people grew up playing and how that shapes them as a gamer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this list and I would have to say most of those games are my favorites too.

    I would have to add in no particular order.

    1. Resident Evil (thanks to you)
    2. God of War
    3. Final Fantasy VII
    4. Eternal Darkness
    5. Shenmue
    6. Diddy Kong Racing
    7. 007 Goldeneye
    8. Mass Effect
    9. Mario RPG
    10. Twisted Metal

    I could go on longer but these were games I played a ton.

    ReplyDelete